Data Protection Declaration
We are pleased you have decided to visit our website. In the following, we will explain what personal data we collect, how we process that data, and for what purposes.
If you need information about protecting your privacy in our relationships with our customers, suppliers, or partners, please click HERE.
1. Responsible entity and data protection officer
The following three Bucher + Suter companies are responsible for the processing of personal data:
- Bucher + Suter AG (Arastrasse 6, 3048 Worblaufen, Switzerland), email@example.com, +41 31 917 52 00
- Bucher & Suter AG (Stubenwald-Allee 19, 64625 Bensheim, Germany), firstname.lastname@example.org, +49 6251 8622 500
- Booker + Suter Inc (60 State Street, Suite 700, Boston, MA 02109, USA), email@example.com, +41 31 917 52 00)
Managing Director: Martin Wüthrich
The company data protection officer can be contacted at one of the addresses above, at the email address firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at +49 6251 8622 598.
2. Purposes of data processing and legal basis
2.1 Visiting the website
When you access the website, the browser you use automatically sends information to our website server. This information is temporarily stored in a log file. The following information is collected and stored until it is (automatically) deletion:
- IP address
- Date and time of the request
- Time zone difference from Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Content of the request (specific page)
- Access status/HTTP status code
- Amount of data transferred in each case
- Website from which the request originates
- Operating system and its interface
- Language and version of the browser
We process the above data to ensure a smooth connection and user-friendly use of the website, to guarantee network and information security, to evaluate system security and stability, and for administrative purposes. In addition, the data of our users is analyzed anonymously. This allows us to better tailor our content and offerings to the needs of our users.
The legal basis for data processing is the protection of our legitimate interests. The legitimate interest results from the aforementioned purposes of data collection. We do not use the data to draw conclusions about your person.
2.2 Subscribing to our newsletters
If you have consented to receive our newsletter, we will use your name and email address to send you this information electronically.
You can unsubscribe and revoke your consent at any time. Please use either the link at the end of each newsletter or alternatively the email address of the Data Protection Officer mentioned in section 1.1. Based on this removal of consent, we will not continue processing data in the future. We will delete the data unless there is another legal basis (e.g., a contract concluded between us) or if statutory retention obligations exist.
2.3 Use of our contact form
If you have any questions, we offer you the possibility to contact us via a form provided on the website. This requires us to provide information such as a valid email address, name, company, country, etc. so that we know who sent the request, where it came from and how we can respond to it. Further information can be provided voluntarily.
The data processed for the purpose of contacting us takes place based on your consent. Following your request, the data you provide will be transmitted to the Bucher + Suter company responsible for your request.
The personal data collected by us for the use of the contact form will be deleted after your request has been processed unless there is another legal basis for the processing of your data.
2.4 Use of our web chat
We offer you the opportunity to contact us via a chat feature on the website. It is necessary to provide your name, email address, company, and country so that we know from whom and from where the request originates and can respond accordingly.
Any personal data or other information you choose to submit in the chat on our website may be read, collected, and used by Bucher + Suter. The data will be processed for the to assist you based on your chat request. Accordingly, the data you provide will also be transmitted to other Bucher + Suter entities, which are impacted by your request.
You can choose to download a transcript of your conversation after the chat session has ended. You can request the deletion of the collected personal data at any time. To do this, send an email to email@example.com with your request. Based on this removal request, we will not continue processing the collected personal data. We will delete it unless there is another legal basis or if stat”utory retention obligations exist.
2.5 Use of the "Bucher + Suter Hub" online portal
- authenticate, i.e., to grant access to the Hub only to authorized persons
- ensure that content displayed on the Hub is presented in the most effective and user-friendly manner
We collect information about you when you register for an account (name, email, company name, country), modify your account, or set preferences. We keep track of your preferences when you select them within the Hub.
We keep track of certain information about you when you visit and interact with the Hub. This includes the information listed in section 2.1 as well as the features you use, the pages you visit, the links you click on, and the files you download from the Hub.
Device and connection information:
We collect information about the features of your device that you use to access the Hub (computer, phone, tablet, or any other device).
This information includes the date and time of the login, IP address, login type, browser, operating system, login URL, encryption technology, and geographical location (country, region/state/province/canton, postal code, latitude, longitude).
How much of this information we collect depends on the type and settings of the device you use to access the Hub.
- Identity and Hosting Providers:
3. Disclosure of personal data
3.1 We will only pass on your personal data to third parties if:
- you have given us your consent to do so
- the disclosure is necessary for the assertion, exercise or defense of legal claims and there is no reason to assume that you have an overriding legitimate interest in the non-disclosure of your data
- if there is a legal obligation to pass on such information, and
- this is legally permissible and necessary for the execution of contractual relationships with you.
When processing your data, we make use of the services of external companies. This applies in particular to the operation of our website and our newsletter tool. Our service providers have been carefully selected and commissioned by us and are bound by our instructions.
If we process personal data in a third country (i.e., outside the European Union (EU) or the European Economic Area (EEA)) or if this is done in the context of the use of third-party services or disclosure or transfer of data to third parties, this will only occur if it is done to fulfill our (pre-)contractual obligations, on the basis of your consent, a legal obligation or our legitimate interests. We will only have your data processed in a third country if the necessary legal requirements are met to ensure adequate protection of your data. Further information, in particular regarding the present guarantees in the event of transmission abroad as well as copies thereof, can be obtained from the contact person named in section 1.1.
Data processed by cookies is necessary for the purposes mentioned to protect our legitimate interests.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies. However, you can configure your browser so that no cookies are stored on your device, or a message always appears before a new cookie is created. However, if you disable cookies entirely, you may not be able to use all the features of our website. In addition, cookies can be deleted at any time in the security settings of your browser.
5. Tracking Tools
With the tracking measures that we implement, we want to ensure that our website is designed to meet requirements and is continually optimized. We use tracking measures to record the use of our website statistically and to evaluate it to optimize our services for you. The aforementioned tracking actions represent legitimate interests and thus the fundamental legal basis for the data processing. Please note that you can exclude tracking by activating the “Do not track” function in your browser settings.
This website collects and stores data based on our legitimate interest in the statistical analysis of user behavior for optimization and marketing purposes. This website uses the web analysis service software Matomo (www.matomo.org), a service provided by InnoCraft Ltd, 150 Willis St, 6011 Wellington, New Zealand. From this data, pseudonymized user profiles can be created and evaluated for the same purpose. Cookies can be used for this purpose. The data collected using Matomo technology (including your pseudonymized IP address) is processed on our servers. The information generated by the cookie in the pseudonymous user profile is not used to identify the visitor to this website personally and is not merged with personal data about the bearer of the pseudonym. If you do not agree with the storage and evaluation of this data from your visit, you can object to its storage and use at any time by clicking below. In this case, an opt-out cookie will be stored in your browser, which means that Matomo does not collect any session data. Please note that the complete deletion of your cookies means that the opt-out cookie will also be deleted and may have to be reactivated by you.
You can find information from the third-party provider on data protection at https://matomo.org/privacy/.
6. Rights of the persons concerned, in particular, the right of objection
When the EU Data Protection Regulation applies to data processing, you have all the rights set out below. In all other cases, you have the rights listed below, which the applicable data protection law provides.
You have the right to:
- request information about your personal data processed by us;
- demand the correction of incorrect or incomplete personal data stored by us without delay;
- request the deletion of your personal data stored by us, unless processing is necessary for the exercise of the right to freedom of expression and information, to fulfill a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or to assert, exercise or defend legal claims;
- request the restriction of the processing of your personal data insofar as the accuracy of the data is disputed by you; the processing is unlawful, but you refuse its deletion, and we no longer need the data, but you need it to assert, exercise or defend legal claims or you have lodged an objection to the processing;
- revoke your consent once given to us at any time. The consequence of this is that we may no longer continue the data processing based on this consent in the future;
- object to the processing of your personal data, provided that this data is processed based on legitimate interests and provided that there are reasons for doing so which arise from your particular situation or the objection is against direct advertising. In the latter case, you have a general right of objection, which will be implemented by us without stating a particular situation;
- receive the personal data that you have provided to us in a structured, common and machine-readable format or request its transfer to another location;
- complain to the competent supervisory authority.
If you have any questions regarding the existence or exercise of these rights, you can contact the person mentioned in section 1.1 at any time.
7. Data security
We use SSL (Secure Socket Layer) technology in connection with the highest level of encryption supported by your browser. As a rule, this is 256-bit encryption. If your browser does not support 256-bit encryption, we use 128-bit v3 technology instead. You can tell whether an individual page of our website is transmitted in encrypted form by the closed representation of the key or lock symbol in the status bar of your browser.
We also use suitable technical and organizational security measures to protect your data against accidental or intentional manipulation, partial or complete loss, destruction, or against unauthorized access by third parties. Our security measures are continuously improved in line with technological developments.
8. Up-to-date status and changes to this data protection declaration
This data protection declaration is currently valid and was given that status in October 2019. Due to the further development of our website and offers on it or due to changed legal or official requirements, it may be necessary to amend this data protection declaration. We, therefore, recommend that you check this data protection declaration at regular intervals.